Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope that you and your child had an enjoyable summer and are ready for a wonderful new school year at Henry D. Ward Elementary School! Our goal is to make this an enjoyable and challenging year for WES students. Our theme this year is “Future World Changers”! We are excited to encourage the development of our students as leaders and thinkers that will have a powerful impact in our local and global communities.
We will be offering our students and parents opportunities to help you transition back to in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year. During our in-person Open House, you will learn more about what to expect in terms of communication to keep you informed about school happenings and our exciting new House System that we are implementing to make all our students feel welcomed and valued as an important part of our school community.
Here are some highlights and reminders for the upcoming school year:
- As we return to in-person activities, please mindful of our safety guidelines. Students and families must wear a mask while in our school building. We thank you in advance for helping to keep our school community safe.
- Our school day will return to its normal hours of 7:40 a.m.-2:10 p.m., Monday-Friday, with student drop-off beginning at 7:20 a.m. and the tardy bell ringing at 7:40 a.m.
- Dismissal will begin at 2:05 p.m.
- We will continue to use our parent pick-up procedures from last school year where students will be escorted to their vehicles in the afternoon for pick-up.
- If you need to pick-up your child early from school, please be sure to be at the school for early pick-up before we begin our afternoon dismissal which is no later than 1:45 p.m.
- Please use the Power School Parent Portal to access & complete online county forms.
If you need instructions for setting up a Parent Portal account, go to henricoschools.us/online-services & scroll down to the Power School Parent Portal section for directions.
- We will continue to offer in-person and virtual events for families, such as Open House, Fall Festival, Back to School Night, and Title I Reading and Math Nights
I am very excited about this year and the ways that we will continue to connect with our students and partner with families to make our return to in-person learning for all students a great success! You can contact me with any questions or concerns at 804-795-7030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please continue to check the website for WES updates at https://ward.henricoschools.us/. Please also follow us on Twitter: @Ward_Colts and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WardElementarySchool. Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing our “Future World Changers” in September!
Dr. Tiffany Chatman, Proud Principal